Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Unit 2 reflection

Described how you prepared/studied for the test.
To study, I first did all the reviews we were assigned in class. I figured this would provide a decent idea of what I should be studying and what was on the test. I tried to study all of the big Ideas, and also some of the little facts that I thought were on the test. I made flashcards and tried to come up with acronyms that made sense. I also prepared for the test a few weeks in advance by reviewing my word study, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about that as much when it came time to really study for the test. I think my study strategies were effective because while I was taking the test, I didn’t have to really pick my brain for the answers and I didn’t do a lot of guessing. Something I defiantly could have done better is that I did a lot of memorizing. I wasn’t very creative when I studied and if I don’t get a very good grade on the test I think that will be why. I also think that I spent too much time on the little details and when I tried to study the big ides I was overwhelmed. Next time I will make sure that I study more in advance and don’t dwindle on the little details that probably won’t be on the test. All in all though I feel I did pretty well.

the most surprising thing you learned during this unit.

The most surprising thing about this unit was learning where all of our technology came from. We use I-pods, computers, TV’s, radios, and running water every day, without thinking really about where they came from. It’s crazy to think that chainsaws and those electric knives all came because someone decided that if you could shape a rock, life would be a whole lot easier. Pre-history is generally and exciting topic because not much is known about it, so really it’s all about how you interpret it. I loved deciding how people became bipedal, why language is used, and what the main advantages of fire were. I really enjoyed this unit.

If we had more time to spend on Pre-history and Early humans what would you want to learn?

If we had more time to spend on the Pre-History and Early Humans unit, I would like to learn more about the certain types of early humans, Cro-Magnons in particular. We learned some of the basics about them, like how tall they were, the brain size, how advanced they were, and sometimes some of their beliefs or culture. I wish we could have learned more about what they ate, went deeper into what their culture and beliefs were based off of, and maybe even what they looked like. Other then that I feel like we covered just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment