Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reflection

Sophie Moynihan

7B

Humanities Reflection


What did you learn?
In this unit I learned a lot about, dating, graphing , and other ways to record artifacts. We also learned a lot about how fossils were made, We know how they are preserved and what preserves them. We watched youtubes, read stories, and did a lot to help us better understand what we were learning. This unit was about understanding history, and really getting to know what how we have built off the past. We covered just about everything you need to know to thoroughly understand what makes history.

What did you fond most interesting.
The most interesting part of this unit for me was doing the archaeological puzzle, and then moving on to the dig. The puzzle gave me a clear idea of the steps used in a dig, and then going out to do the dig really helped me picture and better understand the process. The dig was my favorite part of this unit because it was fun, but I gained a lot of knowledge form working on it. It was a win win situation and the thrill of finding something was pretty fun too.

What learning skills did you use and how?
This was really the first period where I was really forced to learn in humanities. In class I had to listen closely and take the right notes. I’m glad I did as well as I did because it helped on my test a lot! During the time between the test and the notes I had to make sure I understood what we were learning. I had to comprehend what we were discussing in class so that when the test rolled around, I wasn’t completely swamped. Finally the test came. I had to balance out what I was studying so that it wasn’t all saved for the last nigh. I had to come up with study tactics because i can have it all memorized. Songs rhymes and rhymes helped me pass this test.

What did you learn about yourself?
In this unit I learned that I can step up to meet demands. Seventh grade is completely different from sixth and at first it hit me as a shock. Last years tests were extremely simple and easy to pass and humanities this year requires you to study. I learned that I can space things out correctly and make things happen. I love humanities this year and I learned that I really have to work for my grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment